The Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve is open sunrise to sunset all year round, including public holidays.
- Day permits: R70 per person. Children under 12 years enter for free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Year permits: R350 per adult. Children under 12 years enter for free when accompanied by an adult permit holder.
- Pamphlets: R30
*Please note that paragliders also need permits
Where to buy
- At the entrance gate from 9am to 5pm every day of the year (Debit or credit card, Zapper or Masterpass apps – regret NO CASH accepted). If you wish to purchase permits at the entrance gate but you arrive before our staff, you can buy them after you return from your hike. The gates are always open.
- Franschhoek Information Bureau (FWV).
- Online at Webtickets.
- Please note that the MRNR is not affiliated with SANParks and the Wild Card programme. Wild Card holders need to buy a permit to enter the reserve.